I may have just made a perfect meal. Possibly my new favorite meal?! And it’s vegetarian. Guys, this is a big deal. I cook a lot and there aren’t a lot of meals that I cook repeatedly. Mostly because I prefer to make new things so something has to be really freaking good to become a staple. I think this is staple worthy. Andrew agrees. We actually had this two dinners in a row. Unheard of!
For the main course, crispy black bean tacos with the most scrumptious cilantro lime dipping sauce. I can’t take any credit for this. Straight up followed Pinch of Yum’s recipe. Highly HIGHLY recommend. So freakin’ tasty.
May I suggest you pair it with a spicy margarita? This is such a simple recipe, it’s almost cheating. These instructions will yield a pitcher’s worth of margaritas.
- Infuse your favorite tequila with a couple of halved jalapenos for anywhere from a few hours to a few weeks or months.
- In a blender add a can of frozen limeade then use the can to measure the remaining ingredients. Add 3 cans of cold water and 1/2 of a can of tequila to start.
- Blend until well combined and taste. Add more tequila and/or water based on your preferences.
If you really want to send this meal over the top, finish with a simple and satisfying dessert. Berries and whipped cream always hit the spot. If you’re up to it, make your own whipped cream. We used store bought this time around.
Top it with the most amazing honey butter croissants. Trust me. It’s worth the extra ten minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Tear a few store bought croissants into bite size pieces and place on a baking sheet.
- In a small sauce pan, combine equal parts butter and honey. Two tablespoons of each is a good place to start, but more isn’t wrong. Melt over medium heat, whisking together until combined.
- Pour the honey butter over the croissants and toss to coat.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until just slightly crispy.
- Add to the berries and cream! Devour.
3 thoughts on “Dinner for two: Crispy Black Bean Tacos, Spicy Margs + Dessert”
The tacos look terrific, and the cilantro-lime dipping sauce looks sooo good! :)
Can confirm, both are SO delicious! Let me know if you make them! :)
LikeLiked by 1 person
of course :)