I turned 27 this month. Despite my dislike for odd numbers, I am excited about 27. Last year was so good to me, probably the best year of my 20s so far since graduating. I moved on from toxic places and people and feel lighter. There was a lot more joy, creativity, and mental stability for which I’m grateful. I learned more about myself and have slowly started reprogramming some old thought processes that have been holding me back. I achieved some major goals and have had some life-defining experiences like living on my own and going on an incredible solo trip.
While the year wasn’t all sunshine and daisies, it was enriching and I appreciate the good and the bad. I like to think that every year I become more of who I’m capable of being and fall a little more in love with this life I’m living. This year I will, in no particular order,:
- FINISH (!!!!!) paying off my student loans. Epic celebration to ensue.
- Find a doctor and a dentist and actually schedule checkups
- Research what it takes to buy and rent out half of a duplex property
- Start saving for a down payment on said duplex
- Continue playing with food. I’ve just begun making my own sourdough starter.
- Pursue more freelance work in the interest of becoming more self-sufficient
- Dabble in creative pursuits as they strike my interest
- Go on another road trip???
- Learn to change a tire and do an oil change
- Read more, write more, dance more
- Explore love, life, and remain open to the magic
Cheers to a new year full of potential and possibilities. See you on the other side.