It’s been a while since my last post, but this one is a doozy to make up for the absence.
I mean, come on. This is the stuff dreams are made of. Life is so good. And this is so easy to make. Whip up a batch of ice cream for yourself this weekend and thank me later.
As my internet research indicated, it seems most no-churn ice cream recipes are built from a base of sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream. Sky’s the limit on flavors from there. I think my flavor choices speak for themselves, but I chose a peanut butter ice cream base because it’s my boyfriend’s favorite and mixed in brownies because that’s my favorite. In case you have any doubts, I can confirm it’s a winning combination…kind of like us ;)
If you decide to make some for yourself, here’s what you need:
- 1 14-oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups of heavy cream, chilled
- A splash of vanilla
- A generous cup of peanut butter (it’s okay to eyeball these things. more is usually better :)
- A tray of brownies cooled to room temp and crumbled
- Container for the ice cream
This is what you do:
- Make and bake your brownies in a 13″x9″ pan. I pulled mine out a few minutes early to make sure they were nice and moist. I used a box mix to speed things up, but feel free to work from scratch. Allow them to cool to room temperature, then use a fork or spoon to crumble the brownies.
- In a large bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter. Stir until totally incorporated.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the heavy cream and vanilla. Using the whisk attachment, beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture until well combined.
- In a loaf pan or other container, put a layer of brownie crumble on the bottom, then a layer of ice cream. Repeat the layers until the container is full
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap, then freeze for at least 6 hours.
I’m definitely not a food blogger. I’m too impatient to properly photograph these things. But, look! Does this not look like the most divine treat?! I would willingly face plant in this brownie heaven.
I think I’m going to have to try making cookie dough ice cream next.